I’m a total sucker for Chritmas! I love all parts of it. Cookies, music, lights, etc.
So, with that in mind I was going to do a post about buying presents that are better for the environment. But then I felt like we’re bombarded with that info all the time. Make presents, get presents that mean something instead of costing a lot, etc. We’ve heard this for a few years now, you’ve either started doing this already or you’re way too much of a hard sell for me to convert in one blog post. Some people just need to give!
So instead this Christmas find another aspect you can change that will make a difference.
– serve fair trade, organic coffee on Christmas morning
– consciously buy food items with less packaging (may not seem realted to Christmas but we sure buy extra food over Christmas in my house)
– don’t buy presents at Wal-Mart (I’m sorry, I just really don’t like Wal-Mart…will be the topic of a future post)
– shop at local shops that you can walk to instead of drive to
– make a list of errends and stores you need to go to so you can make one trip instead of a bunch of little ones
– flying over Christmas? Think about buying carbon offsets, it was cheaper than I thought it would be
So there’s some ideas just to get you thinking about all the parts of Christmas, not just presents. There is so much going on this time of year, those little changes are a big help.
Travel posts are going to start to enter the mix here soon. Now that I’m done my thesis defense I’ll be doing a little bit more research into my upcoming travels. Just over a month left!